Interest Free Electric Bike Finance
What is our Interest Free Finance Scheme?
Our 0% APR finance scheme on our Kalkhoff and FOCUS electric bikes allows you to pay for your bike in small, manageable amounts over 6, 9, 10 or 12 months. This means with the minimum 10% deposit you can own almost any of our bikes from as little as £82 per month or even less with a larger deposit. All prices include VAT, UK mainland delivery and 2-year warranty.
Our finance scheme is through Hitachi Capital, who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The Information you will need to Supply
- Current and previous addresses if necessary
- A few other details
Your information will not be received, held or processed in any way by 50cycles and you will be automatically returned to our website once your application is complete.
What you need to be eligible for our Finance Scheme
- Be 18 or older
- Be in one of the following: permanent paid employment*, retired and receiving a pension, self-employed, or a homemaker** with a partner in permanent paid employment.
- Be a resident in the UK (or a British Crown Dependency, if approved by Hitachi Capital) for a minimum of 12 months. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer online finance to residents of Eire.
- Be able to provide acceptable proof of address (except where the goods and/or services are to be delivered to their residential address) and proof of signature.
- Make payments by direct debit
- Be purchasing the goods and/or services for personal use and not business use.
*Permanent paid employment is classed as an occupation where you are working more than 16 hours per week. This also includes being in receipt of a permanent pension or personal benefit, e.g. an invalidity or incapacity benefit.
**Homemakers aren't excluded from applying under their own names. However, we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
You are not eligible (for Hitachi Capital finance) if you fall into the following categories:
- Unemployed people
- Temporary/agency workers
- Childminders working from home, unless they have a registered child minding business.
- Foster carers (with no other paid employment), unless their partner/spouse is in permanent employment (16 hours per week minimum).
- Students (other than trainee nurses and doctors) even if working 16 hours or more per week.
- Supply teachers, unless the applicant’s fixed term contract expires after the end of the term of the agreement.
Terms and Conditions
- 50cycles is a licensed Credit Broker.
- Credit is subject to status, and written quotations are available on request.
- The credit advertised is provided by one credit provider (Hitachi Capital) with whom we have a commercial relationship.
- The delivery address for your order must be the same one used for your finance application.
- Typical 0% APR (fixed)
- Our finance scheme with Hitachi Capital is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Work Out your Options with our Finance Calculator
To see how different deposit amounts and finance terms affect the monthly payments, try our quick-and-easy finance calculator below.
We offer up to 12 months' interest-free finance on our Kalkhoff and FOCUS electric bikes and pedal cycles. To see how different deposit amount and finance terms affect the monthly payments, please try our new interactive finance calculator. You can now own a new Kalkhoff electric bike from as little as £82 per month (the Groove F7 with 12 month interest-free and minimum 10% deposit), even less with a larger deposit. How does your favourite model work out for you?
How to Pay Online with our Finance Scheme
As well as credit or debit card payment options, you can pay a deposit and apply for finance when checking out. The whole process only takes a few minutes and is very simple and secure. In most cases an instant decision will be made, so there's no waiting around.
- Select your bike, check out and select Interest Free Finance as your payment type.
- Select how much of a deposit you want to pay now.
- You’ll then be taken to Hitachi Capital's secure website to go through your finance application.
1I In many cases you will not need to print out any paperwork, instead you'll be asked to electronically sign your application if the finance provider requires no further information. A printed and signed application is sometimes required, however.
Note: Should your finance not be accepted you will be refunded your full deposit amount.
Please see below for frequently asked questions. If you have a query that isn’t answered by the information on this page, please feel free to contact us by either phone, email or our online chat function.
"Will I be credit scored and if so, what does this mean?"
Credit scoring is the process used by financial service companies to evaluate the credit risk of new applicants. This technique will be applied to your application for online finance. Credit scoring works by awarding points for each answer given on the application form (e.g. age, income and occupation), together with information obtained from credit reference agencies. This information allows us to produce consistent decisions, ensuring all our applicants are treated fairly. Credit scoring does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, religion or disability.
"If my application is declined, why might that be?"
In addition to credit scoring, we also take into account confirmation of your identity, validation of certain application details, existing commitments, and information held at the credit reference agencies. Though we are unable to provide you with a main reason for the decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination, of the following:
- Your credit score (please note every finance company will score you differently)
- Adverse credit reference agency information
- You are considered to be overcommitted
- You are aged under 18 Your existing account performance with other lenders
"What type of information do credit reference agencies hold about me?"
Some of the information is public information, for example electoral roll, County Court Judgements and bankruptcies. Other lenders may also file information about accounts you hold with them; for instance, this could include your payment history and outstanding balance on these accounts. Any requests for credit (where a credit reference search has been undertaken) will also be filed, although the result of the request is not recorded.
"How do I obtain a copy of the credit reference information?"
The agencies listed below will provide you with details of the information related to your past addresses. You should send a cheque for £2.00 to the below agency of your choice, ensuring the check is made payable to them, together with details of all addresses at which you have lived over the last 6 years:
- Consumer Help Desk Experian Limited, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG1 5GX
- Equifax Ltd., Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
- Consumer Services, Callcredit Limited, PO Box 491, LEEDS, LS3 1WZ
If you believe that the information is incorrect, you can ask the agency to correct it.
"If my application is not successful, can I re-apply?"
Yes. We acknowledge that your circumstances change and just because we have refused a previous application, it does not mean we'll automatically turn down a new application. We do suggest however, that you leave at least 6 months between applications.
The Electric Bike Effect
I cycled in this morning and cut half an hour off my commute time. Absolutely adore the bike. Arrived at work bursting with happiness! Thanks hugely it really is a wonderful piece of kit - dare I say it, even better than the hype!! Very satisfied customer.
From Ian in London Kalkhoff Pro Connect S owner