Powered by the new Impulse 2.0 inverted centre motor and a centre-mounted 36 volt 17Ah battery. The Jarifa Impulse 27R is superbly well-equipped with Shimano hydraulic disk brakes, Shimano SLX Low Profile Plus gears, RockShox front suspension with 100mm travel, new illuminated handlebar controls, Continental X-King tyres.
Providing an enormous 70Nm torque and working with the gear shifter to provide seamless transmission it's the most capable crank drive unit around. Kalkhoff have engineered a more powerful, efficient, quieter motor that supplies massive assistance from a standing start and cuts all hills down to size.
A genuine innovation this year - every time you change up or down a gear, power drops away for a matter of milliseconds for optimal gear shifting. This does a number of great things - it extends your gears mechanical lifetime, feels satisfyingly natural and makes for a smoother application of all that power. They had to invent a litte electromechanical gadget to detect gear changes that worked with the motor. They succeeded and the result brings a new feeling of confident power to riding a Kalkhoff electric bike.
The 27R wheels featured on the Jarifa offer improved rollover, more traction and better momentum than 26" wheels while also providing quicker acceleration, improved angle of attack and less weight than 29" wheels making them a great all round offroad wheel for any conditions.
Other winning features
- Compact multifunction LCD console - Speed, Charge, Assistance Level, Total Miles, Trip Miles
- RockShox XC32 forks with lock-out (can be sprung or rigid if you prefer)
- Handlebar-mounted control - illuminated with Walk Assist button, on/off, power controls and options.
- 612 Wh Lithium tri-metal battery
- 1100 cycle battery lifetime, more than twice that of the Bosch battery. So 50% extra capacity and 120% extra lifespan
- Continental X-King tyres