Finish and function in perfect harmony
Why does the Kalkhoff Include turn so many heads? Because state-of-the-art drive technology is integrated seamlessly into the frame developed especially for the system. Because the new Impulse Evo drive system fulfils the highest standards of performance and efficiency. And because we make no compromises across the entire model range – whether in design, operation, riding enjoyment or safety. And that’s precisely why the Kalkhoff Include is the best reason to get mobile.
In the beginning there was a challenge: to develop THE comfort e-bike that exudes elegance, has sufficient power, is easy to operate and at the same time ensures a relaxed riding experience. Without having to compromise on details or drive system. The result is the Kalkhoff Include. Whether you choose belt or chain drive, diamond or step-through frame or a sporty ladies’ model is your decision. But one thing is certain: it will more than fulfil your expectations.
IMPULSE EVO THE NEW MOTOR GENERATION Impulse Evo drive system is ground-breaking in terms of innovation, integration and networking. The holistic design of motor, frame and components is what makes the difference. And the result is unique: we offer you a skilfully engineered e-bike drive system with the ideal blend of design and functionality, manufactured entirely in Germany. At the same time, you enjoy important extra benefits: more power, more efficiency and more innovative ideas.
- Enhanced performance because the motor is the most efficient yet
- Stronger gears, designed for a huge maximum torque of 100 Nm
- The motor's background noise has been reduced by 50%
- An extra pedalling cadence sensor built into the motor gives even more sensitive control over the power assistance level
- Innovative multi-tooth axis for safe crank assembly
- The lighting system is powered via the motor
- Faster, high bandwidth data transmission via the automotive standard CAN Bus communication system
CARBON BELT DRIVE If you've bought a bicycle in the past 120 years, chances are it’s been powered by a chain. While the trusty bicycle chain has done every cyclist well, now the Gates Belt Drive is stronger, quieter and requires less maintenance. It’s grease-free, oil-free and hassle-free. It won’t leave any marks on your pants and you’ll never have to pull over to fix a dropped chain. The belts are one continuous loop – an inner carbon fiber tensile cord layered with polyurethane teeth and a nylon outer coating. Belts will not rust. This means that you do not need to worry about riding in the rain, or leaving your bike outside. Unlike chains, there is no need for lubrication and on average they last 3 – 4 times longer than a conventional bike chain.
FULLY INTEGRATED Positioning the battery behind the seat tube is a tradition at Kalkhoff because it gives the bike a better centre of gravity, and thus offers a considerable advantage in terms of riding stability. What’s new, on the other hand, is the elegant look achieved by its perfect integration into the frame construction. This is achieved by our consistent implementation of the concept of component integration. And along the way, we have also optimised the handling of this long-distance power supply.
Impulse Evo battery uses incredible battery technology. With 50 high-performance cells and a capacity of 17 Ah, under ideal conditions power reserves give a range of up to 125 miles (200 km).
This new battery generation also offers durability, easy handling and rapid recharging. Cleverly, the dual-function charging socket also serves as a service interface through which software updates can be applied to your bike. Moving the battery lock to the top makes unlocking and removing the battery considerably easier.
CLEVER NETWORKING Your smartphone is safely stored in your pocket, and yet the navigation instructions are constantly visible. Thanks to the Impulse Evo navigation app, based on the tried and tested Naviki software, and Bluetooth connection, the Impulse Evo smart conveniently displays the route to your destination. And the USB charging socket ensures you stay powered up if your smartphone’s battery runs out.
- Standard displays: Speed, remaining range, battery level, assist level, assist bar, clock
- Selectable displays: Average tour speed, tour kilometers, tour time, maximum trip speed, average trip speed, trip kilometers, trip time, cadence, total kilometers
- Navigation displays: Directional arrow, road name, distance to next change of direction
The Naviki software, which is as intelligent as it is easy to use, provides maps of Europe as well as a comprehensive range of functions:
- "Start-Destination" route calculation based on your bike's current battery capacity
- Route calculation "Plan a route around my location"
- Save your own routes and use Naviki routes
- Interesting waypoints (hotels, restaurants, specialist dealers)
- Automatic mapping of the actual route taken
- Synchronisation of all routes with your Naviki user account
- Comprehensive editing and display options
TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE Hydroforming, die casting, extrusion – with the most modern manufacturing technology, we create e-bike frames that set new standards. In other words: we create the ideal combination of integration and innovation.
- Clean: the Kalkhoff Include premium models are equipped with a low-maintenance belt drive.
- Smart: previously a bit of an eyesore, now elegantly integrated – the frame lock is now incorporated into the rear triangle design.
- Strong: the pannier rack is designed with the Snap-it system for easy fitting of accessories and child seats.
- Simple: the ergonomically designed easy-reach control unit is simple to operate without letting go of the handlebars.
DOWNLOAD THE INCLUDE BROCHURE