50 Cycles Distribution Limited Terms and Conditions
1.1 These terms and conditions sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
1.2 In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘company’ means 50cycles Distribution Limited; and
- ‘You’, ‘your’, or ‘customer’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
1.3. What these terms cover:
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to your order via our website or by telephone or when you purchase goods from our stores.
1.4. Why you should read them
When buying anything from us, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, or if you think that there is a mistake in these terms or require any changes, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss.
50cycles Distribution Ltd (trading as 50cycles.com) is a registered company in England and Wales. We comply fully with UK law relating to mail order companies and long distance selling regulations. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal, and we welcome your feedback if we fail to meet your expectations in any way. Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
50cycles Distribution Limited
England and Wales
Unit 1E Charnwood Business Park, Loughborough LE111LE
3.1. Products may vary slightly from their pictures
The images of the products in our brochure or on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours or the printed pictures in our brochure accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
3.2. Product packaging may vary
The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in our brochure or on our website.
4.1 Your order number:
We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
4.2 If we cannot accept your order:
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
Any automated acknowledgment of your order received from us does not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods on the website. The contract between ourselves, 50cycles.com and the buyer is concluded when we (i) take payment or (ii) dispatch the goods, whichever is the latter.
4.3 We may have to suspend the supply of a product because:
- to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- to update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- the product is out of stock,
- of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for
- a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements;
- we have identified an error in the price or description of the product
- we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to
4.4 Amending or cancelling orders:
Whilst we appreciate you may change your mind about an order, we are unable to edit or cancel orders that are placed with us once we have started processing them. If the order is showing in your account as ‘Pending’ please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we are able to assist in your request to cancel.
Please note that payments for pre-order products are taken in full when your order is placed. If you have paid using a Cycle to Work voucher, your scheme may start salary deductions immediately (please seek advice from your chosen scheme provider if you are unsure on this point). If you have paid for your purchase Finance, the agreement and payments will not commence until your goods are dispatched for delivery or are available for collection from store.
Every effort is made to ensure that pre-order dates are accurate, but in some cases, it may be necessary for us to amend these dates. Under these circumstances, we will communicate any changes that apply to existing orders.
6.1 Where applicable, details of manufacturers’ guarantees or service arrangements will be provided with the product and you are reminded that you should complete all guarantee and/or cards/and/or documents immediately upon receipt of the products.
6.2 This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the supplier, failure to follow the suppliers’ instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the supplier’s approval.
6.3 All warranties are non-transferable and only apply for you the original customer.
7.1 Delivery costs:
The costs of delivery will be as displayed on our website or discussed with you during the order process. For UK deliveries these costs are clearly stated in our current price list and also shown in the checkout procedure for online orders. All UK mainland first deliveries are charged at £2 per kilo or £50 per bike.
7.2 When we will provide the products
During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. We will deliver the products to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order provided the purchase price and delivery costs (if applicable) have been paid for in full.
UK delivery time for parts and accessories is stated at 2-4 working days, bikes are built in approximately 14 working days and take a further 48 hours in the post from dispatch. Next day delivery is available within the UK on orders placed before 2pm (orders placed before 2pm on a Friday will be delivered on the following Monday). There are a range of worldwide delivery options available and schedules vary depending on the destination. For sales outside the EU, there may be customs/import duties to pay depending on the value of the goods – these are the responsibility of the customer. Please note there are restrictions on all shipping types, for international delivery query, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that our mailing partners do not perform collections on Bank Holidays and this may impact your delivery time if selecting a priority shipping service.
7.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control:
If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.4 Collection by you:
If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us by making an appointment in advance at any time during our customer opening hours of 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays). Please note that in order for us to release the products to you, you must provide photo ID together with a recent utility bill or bank statement (dated within 30 days of collection) in the name of the person who has submitted the order.
7.5 If you are not at home when the product is delivered
If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
7.6 If you do not re-arrange delivery
If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 12.2 will apply.
7.7 When you own the product?
You own a product once we have received payment in full.
While we want you to be happy with your purchase, we understand that sometimes you need to return items. You can return your order or parts of your order for an exchange please fill out the returns form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of your purchase.
By default all prices on our site are in Pounds Sterling (£GBP) and include UK VAT where applicable at the standard UK rate of 20%.
It is our aim to ensure that all images and descriptions are accurate, however, there may be occasions where these details are incorrect. This is due, in part, to receiving incorrect or limited information from the manufacturers/suppliers. Where weight is stipulated, this is provided by the manufacturer and we cannot guarantee its accuracy. In the instance where we supply a product different to that advertised, we will happily refund or exchange the item for you.
- The price listed in your basket will always be the final sale price.
- All prices and descriptions are liable to change without notice.
- The delivery charge listed in your basket will always be the final delivery charge.
- Should you forget to apply the discount code in your basket we will not add discounts retrospectively.
- Promotional Vouchers. Only one voucher can be used against any product; i.e. multiple vouchers may not be used to purchase a single product.
- Items which have been purchased in part or full with a promotional voucher will not be accepted for refund or exchange.
- Promotional Vouchers can only be used against the specified product or service.
12.1. IF YOU HAVE PLACED YOUR ORDER, you can always end your contract with us,
Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or mis-described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed)
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 12.2;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 12.3. You may be able to return if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
12.2. Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 4 weeks; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong
12.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013)
For most products bought online or over the phone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
12.4 How long do I have to change my mind?
How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- (a) You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
- (i) Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receive the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
12.5 Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind
If you do not have any other rights to end the contract (see clause 12.1 ), you can still contact us before it is completed and tell us you want to end it. If you do the contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) £50 as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
13.1. Tell us you want to end the contract
To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) email: email us at email@example.com Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- (b) Online. Complete the form on our Contact Us page
13.2. Returning products after ending the contract
If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you and (because we cannot recall them) they are delivered to you, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our registered address.
If you are exercising your right to change your mind under clause 12.1 you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. The products must be returned in the same condition and packaging as when they were first received with no more than 5 miles on the speedometer. Any additional mileage will be charged at £5 per mile and we reserve the right to make further deductions
13.3. Deductions from refunds
If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
14.1 We may end the contract if you break it
We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- (a) you do not make any payment to us or we are unable to collect payment from you when it is due and you still do not make payment within 7 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- (b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products;
- or (c) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us
14.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract
If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 12.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you £50 as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
14.3 We may withdraw the product
We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 2 weeks in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
15.1 How to tell us about problems
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can fill out our form, or write to us at email@example.com, or at our registered address. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
15.2 Summary of your legal rights.
We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. See the box below for a summary of your key legal rights in relation to the product. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
15.3 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you.